Tuesday, March 27, 2012

V

VULNERABILITY

This year I have watched quite a few TED Talks. TED stands for technology, entertainment, design and "is a nonprofit devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading." I have watched talks about everything from education to running to heart disease to food to introverts to energy and even a prank by Improv Everywhere, but I wanted to share with you one by Brené Brown called The Power of Vulnerability.

I think the word vulnerable has always brought to mind an image of Achilles' heel rather than an opportunity to connect and live. I have begun to think of it differently. 

"There can be no vulnerability without risk; there can be no community without vulnerability; there can be no peace, and ultimately no life, without community."
-M. Scott Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment